Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Interlude {Broken}

This problem, it shows up wherever we go. 

I grumble having to climb out from under the warm covers in the morning. I wonder what that un-named cloud is hanging over my head, haunting my day~when I finally seek its source, I find out it's from an unsolved issue from two weeks ago that I have not yet taken to the Lord in prayer. 

I worry. I feel hopeless in the face of new problems. Powerless to overcome them. Broken. Weak. Stupid. 
This is the problem that we are talking about~sin. Its trying to live without God, relying on our own resources. As if we had any apart from Him, right? {1 Corinthians 15:10}

I don't want to worry, fear, let things go unresolved. I want to jump out of bed like I'm a morning person and dance for the joy of a new day, but I don't. I'm broken.

 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. Romans 7:21

So what is the answer to our want-to-do-good but feel incapable problem? What is the solution to my grumbling for having to get up on a cold day? {Did you know grumbling is a most-evil sin and invites darkness into the day? Just read the book of Numbers about the Israelites after their miraculous deliverance from Egypt through the Red Sea...}

I talked about this in my last post BROKEN
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:1

God did something:
For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, Romans 8:3

That is what makes us right. But we still have the war inside...we want to do good, but we fail. So how do we take God into those broken places? It is by realizing, by admitting that we are broken. We need to stop pretending we are not. Acknowledge our need for something more than our own resources. It is when we come to the end of ourselves we find God waiting there to love on us, to provide for us, to help us.

When I am in distress, I call to you,
    because you answer me. Psalm 86:7

The past few mornings I have been getting up earlier. I am not dancing just yet, but I feel more productive all day. And I am not grumbling. Not because of a great rush of will power, but because I asked God to help me. He has been waking me up before my alarm goes off. I love that! I acknowledge Him in that. And that is a great way to start any day! Knowing Someone is on my side who is bigger than my problem.

What area are you needing help in today? What might be clogging your gears?
 

1 comment:

Denise J. Hughes said...

"It is when we come to the end of ourselves we find God waiting there to love on us, to provide for us, to help us."

So true. God has always been there, waiting, and ready to welcome me into his grace-filled embrace. But only when I've finally surrendered my desire to do things "my way."

Beautiful post, Kathy. Beautiful.

ShareThis