Sunday, February 17, 2013

It's An Epidemic He Said

Our culture has a severe problem.

This epidemic, it is a rebellion. It is like a life-eating fungus (my words). This spirit of complaining.

We complain about the weather.
     We complain about the price of gas.
          We complain about the government.
               We complain about our employment.
                    We complain about the perceived lack of funds.

Should I go on? He did. The Bread-bearer this morning bringing us our food from God.
He had a list a mile long...or so it seemed. 

They headed toward death as a society because ~what did they fail at first? Giving glory and thanks to God. Romans 1:21

Then the Bread-bearer gave us the Always. Everything. Nothing verses: Philippians 2:13-14 * Colossians 1:3 * Colossians 1:12 * Colossians 2:6-7 * Colossians 3:15-17 * Colossians 4:2 * (Do you see a Colossians Theme?)

And look at this!!! Ephesians 5:20

And this one: 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Be joyful ALWAYS. Pray CONTINUALLY. Give thanks in ALL circumstances.

And I thought, "I know all this!" I grumbled about the cold and the length of winter far too often in the last week. Instead I should have given thanks for my warm home, clothing, bed, car... Then I grumbled about having too much to do when I should have given thanks for my ability to do the things on my agenda. The time, the inclination! 

What can we do about all the negatives around us? Look up. Look out. Look beyond. We need God.

We need to acknowledge Him in all things. Trust Him with everything. Proverbs 3:5-6 He, the I AM.

The problem is that when we respond to difficult circumstances we tend to see the negatives because we know we are weak creatures limited in power. 

The solution is acknowledging that. And more: Acknowledging that we need God.

And then leaning into the Power Source (the Holy Spirit of God) to enable us to rise above the harsh realities of this world in to the Glorious realities of the one to come. We....you and me...walk by faith and not by sight.

Join me in staking a flag in the ground now and determine by the grace of God to turn every complaint into voicing thanks! Tomorrow is a new day! A new week! A clean slate to bring joy instead of heaviness into life. Lets live it!

No comments:

ShareThis