Saturday, January 19, 2013

He Leads Me Besides

 The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
    He delights in every detail of their lives. ~Psalm 37:23 NLT

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, God brought this verse back to me for this time in our lives. 


As I review my past year in photos via my Mobile Uploads on Facebook, I find it staggering that I've experienced wild-to-me adventures over the past year. And part of that adventure was life in the unknown limbo-zone...That part hasn't always felt like a blessing. Where will we live? What is God doing with our lives? 


When our buyers derailed our train by backing out of buying our farm and after five months of planning and making decisions, decisions based on the 'reality' that we were moving... We just sat there at 11:30 at night looking at each other, asking "What??" and "How?" and "Now what???"


It all had looked so "God-ordained" from the beginning. You can read about how it looked here. I made an announcement on Facebook shortly after they backed out and guess which verse someone put out there for me. Psalm 37:23 
Being well-acquainted with how He has directed my steps in the past, I was given peace for my 'now'. 

I struggled with forgiving our back-out buyers at first. I fought anger off and on that first week. Then one night I went to bed and said to God, "I just need to hear from you!" 

When I was walking down the stairs the next morning God said to me, "Kathy, you think they are in control, but they are not. I am." And in that instant I let go. I knew that for whatever reason, God had allowed that detour in our story. It wasn't a derail after all...

So, today we have another showing on our farm. I have this anticipation. This hope. I trust God is directing our steps as we walk with Him. I trust His promise in Romans 8:28-29 that He works all things out for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

There are other things here that have started shifting too. Things like my shop is emptied and moved as of last weekend. The bathroom is clean. *smiles* I mean I really cleaned it top to bottom the other day, walls and everything! And when I got done, I thought, "its time for another showing!"  So...say a prayer for us...here we go! :)




2 comments:

Sheila said...

Stopping by from Sandy's place today. Thanks for sharing this.

Sheila said...

Trying a second time, here. I stopped by from Sandy's. Thank you for sharing this.

ShareThis